EBMM Petrucci question

Superhuman
Superhuman
03/23/2006 4:36 pm
Anybody out there own one of these? I have a 7 string with the piezo pickup and find it to be an absoutely amazing guitar. If you've never played one before, you have to give one a go just to experience the feel of the neck.

My only problem with it is the tuning! It has a Music Man trem which is really cool BUT there is no top lock and the tuning does not hold if you do any dives. I recently recorded with it in the studio and had to retune after almost every take. The strings I'm using are Super Slinky 10's (a little heavier than i'm used to) but they should not be an issue (the trem is set up just right, as is the action and intonation). I broke them in for a few days before recording.

Any idea what the problem could be?
# 1
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/23/2006 4:50 pm
Pm silentmusic for all petrucci guitar qestions, he's very helpful in that field. What did you pay for that sucker?
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 2
pure
pure
03/24/2006 1:08 am
i was experiencing the same thing when dive bombing with my non petrucci guitar. i later figured out the strings were overlapping each other on the tuning pegs.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.