Rsam16
03/19/2006 10:10 pm
Hey guys,

I have recently got into recording, and I need some expert advise. :o

First of all I will list my equitment:

Strat

Digitech Rp-80

Adobe Audition 1.5

Radio Shack 1/4 to 1/8 jack. Among other things.

NEW hp PC with 512 MB RAM, 160 GB hard drive Pentium 4 processor etc.

now I have been playing around with adobe audition and have got the basic Idea of how to Record,Mix and all the basics.

But one problem I have is my Computer's Sound card, (Now I know most people say that you need to buy a new sound card. But right now that is not an option for Me :( )

The thing about it is, When I plug the guitar or the Pedal into the PC sound card it only picks up the left signal. But when I barely touch the hole with the plug and stick it less than halfway in, It receives both Left and Right signals but When I record it is full of noise,hiss and Clicks and Pops and it is getting on my nerves :mad: .

Anyway I know it's not the Plug because I have put it in other computers and it has works fine.So it has to be the Sound card.

Anyway Can someone please give me some advise not only on how to record but on the basics of the mixdown and how to get the right sound I'm looking for, and some beginners tips.

Thanks guys for your time, Recording is something I've wanted to do for such a long time(Just for fun!!) and Now I am distressed, I mean I know the basics of how to record and stuff but I'm not Loving the results I get. Thanks for any advice
[FONT=Century Gothic]RSAM16[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]GuitarTricks Resident Eric Clapton Fan[/FONT]
# 1
Julian Vickers
Julian Vickers
03/20/2006 12:41 am
Hi there,

I'm using Cool Edit Pro 2.1 for all my recordings. Cool Edit got bought out by Adobe a few years ago and now Cool Edit is called Adobe Audition, so I'm basically using the same program as you.
Now my amp has two speakers so the signal coming out of the amp is in stereo. If you are using an amp with just one speaker, it will be a mono signal, so what you are experiencing is normal and expected.

I'm not familiar with Adobe Audition, but in Cool Edit, there is an option to turn a track that's just on the left or right signal into a stereo or mono signal that comes out of both speakers. Try using the help to find the option.

Hope that helped...
Miracle Blade 4: Gibs on touch.
# 2
Rsam16
Rsam16
03/20/2006 1:56 am
Originally Posted by: Julian VickersHi there,

I'm using Cool Edit Pro 2.1 for all my recordings. Cool Edit got bought out by Adobe a few years ago and now Cool Edit is called Adobe Audition, so I'm basically using the same program as you.
Now my amp has two speakers so the signal coming out of the amp is in stereo. If you are using an amp with just one speaker, it will be a mono signal, so what you are experiencing is normal and expected.

I'm not familiar with Adobe Audition, but in Cool Edit, there is an option to turn a track that's just on the left or right signal into a stereo or mono signal that comes out of both speakers. Try using the help to find the option.

Hope that helped...

Hey thanks alot for the help man!!! :)

I shall try it
[FONT=Century Gothic]RSAM16[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]GuitarTricks Resident Eric Clapton Fan[/FONT]
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.