View post (Half Stack or Combo?)

View thread

DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
03/21/2006 2:48 am
Originally Posted by: Andrew SaI have had another idea...I went through to a store today and tried a few amps up against the Thermion (which I am loving more and more)

I tried a Peavy XXX half stack, that was nice, but not as nice as the Thermion...in fact it didnt come close.

I also tried a Genz-Benz El Diablo...that was quite possibly the worst amp I have ever played on.
I also tried a Marshall Dsl 401, which I liked...almost as much as the Thermion...it is cheaper, not much, but it is.

Still, the Thermion tops it...I was just wondering...what if I were to buy the Thermion head, and place that on a 2x12 cab?
The Thermion cab is particularly nice...loaded with Celestion vintage 30's and just awesome...but it is a 4x12...which I fear is going to be hard to transport...

Does anyone know of any really nice 2x12 cabinets? perhaps a Marshall 2x12? or the like? what speakers to the putt in marshall 2x12s? Wolverines like in the Jcm combo amps?

does anyone know of any cabs that come standard with 2x12 celestions...preferably vintage 30's?
Just An Ideal, Build Your Own With The Speakers You Want Much/Much Cheaper
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.