View post (Half Stack or Combo?)

View thread

Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
03/19/2006 9:52 pm
well, I currently have a Laney vc50 2x12, which is also a tube amp...Its really nice, but just not made to do what I want it to do...

it seems to be made along Peavey Classic or Fender tube amp lines...you know, nice classic rock/blues and clean, but it just lacks the balls I want out of an amp...thats not to say it sounds bad...just doesnt do what I want it to do.

I really really like the Thermion, I just dunno wether I should go with that over any of the others...all have their pro's and cons, but one thing Ibanez doesnt have is a reputation for quality amplifiers...I dunno if I wanna spend so much money on a trial run of good amps from a company whose previous amplifiers have been pants.
Also, the whole stack thing will be a mission...loading it into the car...pushing it around (still probably easier than my current 2x12 that has no casters and weighs a ****load.) .

One thing I am strongly considering is to get the Marshall Tsl 602 (2x12 60 watt Triple Super Lead) and then run it into an external 2x12 cab.
Would this create the same sort of effect as a 4x12? how different does 2x2x12 sound from 4x12?
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]