View post (Solos and improvising)

View thread

emmanuel79
emmanuel79
07/16/2001 7:30 am
Hello, this is my first time to post in this website and in this forum. Well, to find out how to improve yourself is by practising a lot of scales. Basically Blues, and to have a variety of idea you need to learn more scales such the Arabic scales, chromatic scales, learn how to play natural harmonics, arpegios (all chords), jazz scales, learn how to tapping, play diminished scales. Try put all this with the sweeping technique and you will find a very interesting sound and ideas. When listening to musics especially in those guitar soloing part, try to imagine how the person played. If you can imagine, you can visualize and transform it into your own idea when playing in a live band. In Malaysia no one knows who I am coz' I didn't promote myself. Steve Vai, Earl Klugh inspire me a lot. I may not play like him but you may see something in him that is called EGO. Ego boost yourself as a CONFIDENT and confidents keeps you ahead. Be like him no matter what is the concept of music you are playing. I can play from Religious song, Classical Jazz, to Undergraound metal song and I can play my own solo in various ways in any chord. This is my EGO and I believe everyone in this forum have their own Ego but does not know how to use is to boost themselves. Only those who reach this level understand what I am saying here. Keep this principle - "Wherever I go, I can play songs whatever they want and whatever they like to hear". So, that means you must prepare yourself with variety of skills and knowledge. Not just playing but the attitude. Don't let EGO kill yourself. Let the EGO introduce you to the people who you are?

By the way, I have never taken any guitar lesson or go to music school as all this I learn by myself and with the influence from my father, uncles and myself. That means you can master guitar even without going to music school. If you are hardworking enough to improve yourselves rather than talking a lot, I believe you can reach the level you have wanted to reach before. So, this is to share what I've learn and why people at the same age and younger than me that I have known couldn't beat me in terms of guitar creativity and skills. Even to those who is 2-3 years older than me. It takes time and it took 8 years for me to master the art of playing guitar and to master what people expect to see when you are playing the guitar in a band or solo. I know some of them here have incredible speed but how about the ideas. Are they playing the same thing with the speed in variety of songs? They know what to answer. That is why, unique is the key and EGO boost you ability and to surprise the people who look at you and your guitar.

Hmmm... I hate to say a lot here, so, anything to say about this post, please, you are welcome. I hope anyway, this could inspire some of you who still in the stages of mastering the string instrument.

Remember:
"It is easy to play guitar and have skills and speeds like the others but it is really hard to Master the guitar as there is no exact definition of Guitar Master. So master it as you still can until the find the accurate denifition of Guitar Master"
*Aliens Understand Music*