ahhhggggghhhhhh

srpianojrguitar
srpianojrguitar
03/15/2006 2:12 am
ok, so im tryin to learn as much as i can about recording and how to use the equipment online, but ive come to realize, i cant find anything on it. I was wondering if u guys cud help. what equipment cud i use to just record piano and voice (maybe guitar) and how do i use that equipment and/or software? and if possible take into account budget (preferably dirt cheap (smiley face emoticon)).
You come into this world naked, you leave this world naked

-You dont leave the world naked

You do if you plan it right

HEYYY AQUAALUNNGGGGG!
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/15/2006 2:52 am
I've written a whole bunch of tutorials on multitrack recording using home equipment on my web page:

http://www.guitartricks.com/instructor.php?input=7

Just look under multitrack recording among other things.

I've done a whole bunch of lessons where I start with basically nothing and then gradually build a song starting with the drums/bass/synths/ etc.. then adding guitar, harmonies and vocals.

It takes you right through the whole process including micing, mixing, mixdown, editing etc etc...
http://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=1626&s_id=14

There's also a bunch of other lessons taking your ideas right from scratch to finished product:
Kinda like this:
# 2
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/18/2006 7:20 pm
This might be a little too basic for you, but I use and love my analog Yamaha MT-100II 4 track. You could mic your amp or voice with a good mic and get a decent sound with it.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 3
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/18/2006 9:27 pm
If you have a computer with a sound card in it, a good place to start is a USB microphone (under 100 bucks) and, depending on your budget either a V2 pod or a cab emulator to plug your guitar into.

You can pick up a pod v2.0 on ebay for about 100 bucks which you can plug into a line in on a sound card.

Plug a cheap set of headphones into the headphones out of the sound card and you are ready to go.

There is enough free recording software(many threads on this subject in the recording part of the GT forum) to get you started and bingo, Bobs your father's brother !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.