Stupid streaming MP3's

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/14/2006 5:11 am
Can some kind groovy hearted person check out a page I'm working on ...

CLICK HERE

...and lemme know if the streaming sound files are working.
I've spent like, 2 weeks putting the code together to get this page working with my Mac, then tried to use it on my windows PC and can't get the sound files to work.
I thought I'd done everything right as far as using 'm3u' files.
Don't hit the 'purchase' buttons, just the ones that say 'hi fi' and 'lo-fi' and lemme know if you get any music.
Much appreciated. If they ain't working it means going back to the drawing board.
# 1
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/14/2006 6:59 am
At first, they all worked for me, except for the Hi-Fi version of the first track and the Lo-Fi version of the third track. But then, I tried clicking on the Hi-Fi version of the second track again, and it didn't work! I'm internet-illiterate, so unfortunately I can't give you any helpful advice on what might be going on :o .
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 2
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
03/15/2006 3:17 pm
Let me get this straight... You fuss and complain about us posting links to our songs where you have to click the link here, and then click just one more link to hear the song, but yet you want us to do the same thing for you now? :confused: Just messing with ya bud, don't take it personal :p

I checked out a few, and the hi-fi's worked fine, but I couldn't get any of the lo-fi's to do anything. You might need to make sure that their extension is .mp3 and not .m3u. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not though. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 3
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/16/2006 4:48 am
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaLet me get this straight... You fuss and complain about us posting links to our songs where you have to click the link here, and then click just one more link to hear the song, but yet you want us to do the same thing for you now? :confused: Just messing with ya bud, don't take it personal :p

I didn't necessary want anybody to listen to the tunes. I just wanted to see if the streaming files worked.
The way the instructions were explained to me, you're supposed to post an MP3 file and then make a text file with a link to the MP3 in it. Then you name the text file ending in .m3u and it plays the MP3 as a streaming song.

It doesn't work on my Mac or my XP at all & I've got about 50 more tunes to add in. (it's already taken me two weeks).. so I don't wanna go any further if it ain't gonna work.

Guess I'll start from scratch and just put short demo's instead.

Thanks for your help. :)
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.