View post (I need help in identifying a guitar)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/13/2006 8:28 pm
Originally Posted by: G-ThundaDoes it look anything like this?

sort of.. the fretboard is maple, not rosewood. it has 24 frets. it only has one knob. the switch is like a fender, but with only 3 positions instead of 5. there is no middle pickup. the neck pickup doesn't go straight across, it's angled like the bridge position pickup of a strat. the neck pickup was like one of those double railed, strat sized humbuckers, and the bridge pickup said "seymour duncan" so they may have been aftermarket pickups. and it's finish is like a crackle-something or other, it's really hard to explain.

in my research, I've found that it's probably a charvel model 2 or 3 of some kind. year 1986 to 1988. runs about $250-$450 on ebay, though in much better condition then his.

I know it's worth more then $100, but he doesn't, if I gave that guitar the kind of care and attention it deserved, I think it could be a pretty nice axe though. seeing this guitar like this was kinda like watching an animal being abused, you just want to help the poor thing in any way you can. plus I just hate to see what seems to be such a nice guitar go to waste on someone who doesn't even play. I'll offer him $150 or $175 and see what he says.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace