whos into, or knows about rare collectable fender amps

axemaster911
axemaster911
03/11/2006 9:27 am
I am the proud owner of a 1964 fender blackface concert amp, It has 4 by 10 inch speekers with a ear piercing 175 watts. Year model reserch conferms
product tag inside amp stamped in ink QX above NL with production number 12. This putts date of manufacture clearlly 1964. It has been kept in near mint condition, works perfictly. It has a sound that cuts thru, and stands out over every modern, or vintage amp Ive played it against. I am amazed at the unique quality of sound coming from a 42 year all in one half stack. Expecialy using many effects that in 1964 werent avaliable, the sound quality comes thru in every way equal to modern amps. My problem is I love to play this amp, it sounds great, and is very powerfull, I play it more than my modern pevey stack. Theres an aluring tone that comes thru this old amp, and considering its age, and value I shouldent be playing it at all. If a part goes bad that can no longer be found, well that will suck, and put a hint of tint in the mint of condition. So I am putting it into late retirement, as well as thinking of selling, or trading it for another stack of equal value to park beside my pevey, somthing less fragile, and leaning more towards monsterouslly outlandish. This fender concert amp needs to be in the hands of a serious collector. Research shows it to be vary rare, good luck locating it on the web, I could only find one picture that matched, and even fewer spec details, 0 other exact models for sale on the entire web, and only 1 picture to show the model actualy has others out there like it, or is it the last one on earth? From the look of my research this is a rare amp indeed. I am sure there is a collector out there trying to desperatly locate this very amp. Since Im into playing them, instead of careing for and collecting them, I am calling out to collectors who may find me to be the only obstical between them and the perfict specimend. Any body with knowledge of this vintage amp very welcome to make coments. Ill bet I cant find any one else with the same model and year, no replies, still waiting, Do I have the only one left, somebody inlighten me with hard facts, and asure me that I dont have the last 1964 fender blackface concert amp in the world?
# 1
allenzadeh
allenzadeh
09/14/2007 4:45 pm
I dont know if you were asking to buy a 64 concert, but mines is for sale and I can send you all the pics you want... Its in great shape, all original except for the plug and tubes.

Thank you and God bless,

allen
# 2
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
09/15/2007 11:00 am
well, not the last one then...I'm sure quite a few are still around...tho maybe in places like Room 335 and Rose-Morris show rooms.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 3
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
09/16/2007 12:11 pm
I have a Fender Princeton Chorus amp. 120w with 2 x 10" speakers.. it's way too big for me.. lol.. I am trying to get an all valve fender.. but a smaller one.. about 30w would be sufficient.. just no idea where to start looking..
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.