sound proofing

83261_sid
83261_sid
03/10/2006 4:47 am
i live with my mom and brother and they are always complaining that the beautiful music i make,LOL,(they call "noise") is too loud. is there a way to sound proof my room without spending alot of cash and without any intensive "work"/damage to my room? thanks :D
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
03/10/2006 2:20 pm
Honestly... no. Sorry, but soundproofing takes a lot of work and money. Have a look around on the >home recording forum<. There's a lot of information about soundproofing there.

Some people will probably tell you to do things like put egg crates on the walls, or blankets, or that "studio" foam to soundproof your room, but it won't happen. All those will do is deaden the sound in the room (will stop sound from reflecting off adjacent walls). They won't do much, if anything, for stoping the sound from escaping your room.

Here are a few idea's you might could try. The door to your room is more than likely a hollow core door, you could change it out for a solid core door and use towels and such to seal off any gaps when it's closed. You will also want to seal off your AC vent. Not sure what to tell you do do on this one. Face your amp towards an outside wall and have something plush like a bed mattres, sofa, heavey blanket, etc... on the adjacent wall, which will stop the sound from reflecting back to the interior of the house. Do the same for the wall behind the amp. This won't do much, but because of the deadened reflections, you might actually be able to turn your amp down a bit without really noticing. None of these will actually soundproof your room, but they will help a little.

More than likely, your only options will be to either turn down the volume, or start using headphones. I know both of those options suck, but sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.