help

M.E.S
M.E.S
03/08/2006 6:20 pm
i would like to do some home recordings soon. i have no equipment though. i need to record several things and be able to record them at diferent times, but put them on the same track. i need to record 1 electric giutar 1 acoustic (nylon) 1 trombone + clarinet.i will hope to record keyboard soon aswell but need some suggestions as to which one to get.i live with my parents so i can't take up computer space so i need it to be packable and moveable. i have windows xp. my amp has a place to put the guitar in and another thing for headphones but stereo ones so other stuff might be put in it. i don't want to go serious. i would want to spend minimal on eqiupment and have some left for the keyboard.

thanks
(\_/)
(o.o)
(^ ^)
this is buuny copy him into your signature and help him on his way to world domination
# 1
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/08/2006 8:36 pm
I just put a mic in front of my guitar amp and plug the mic into the back of the computer. I have some crappy recording program on my computer (the name escapes me), and I just mix tracks together on Wave Studio. It's kind of a bitch to do, but it works. Not the greatest setup, but certainly inexpensive.
# 2
Guitar_guy
Guitar_guy
03/08/2006 8:54 pm
Try this Free Recording Program And get an adapter to go from your 1/4 mono cable to a 1/8 stereo jack and use your "Line In" on your computer. you can use the headphone jack on your amp to plug into you computer.
People say I am crazy, but Doctors say I am mentally Insane.

Someone stole my d*mn money tree :eek:
# 3
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
03/09/2006 4:30 am
Originally Posted by: Guitar_guyTry this Free Recording Program And get an adapter to go from your 1/4 mono cable to a 1/8 stereo jack and use your "Line In" on your computer. you can use the headphone jack on your amp to plug into you computer.

What he said..... :cool:
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 4
M.E.S
M.E.S
03/09/2006 5:04 pm
thanks, what about for clarinet trombone and acoustic guitar and keyboard
(\_/)
(o.o)
(^ ^)
this is buuny copy him into your signature and help him on his way to world domination
# 5
Guitar_guy
Guitar_guy
03/09/2006 10:24 pm
Originally Posted by: M.E.Sthanks, what about for clarinet trombone and acoustic guitar and keyboard

Get a pickup for your acoustic guitar. As for the other a mic is the only way I would know of, and you will have to adapt it the same way as the guitar. If your keyboard is a newer model it should have a connection on it for hooking it in to the computer, I am not sure though do a search on the web about that.
People say I am crazy, but Doctors say I am mentally Insane.

Someone stole my d*mn money tree :eek:
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.