View post (need PRS style guitar. help if you can)

View thread

pure
pure
03/12/2006 8:17 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsthe fact that your action is 2mm at the 1st fret, and 5 mm at the 12th fret says to me that your neck has alot of bend in it. a little bend is good, you don't want it perfectly straight, but that sounds like alot. I'd probably take it in for a truss rod adjustment if I were you, to make it perform it's best.

EDIT: nevermind... I reread what you wrote, I misunderstood. lol

what I meant by neck heavy was, when you are standing, and you take both hands off the guitar, does the hedstock drift toward the ground, or is it balanced?

one more question, is there any fret buzz?

yea i got it adjusted yesterday and they left it with a little bend and i was like "why?" and they said you need a little bend to avoid buzz.

okay i just strapped it on and.. uh lets see... the neck stays in the exact same position. it seems that it would rather go closer to your head than to your feet. the guitar's well balanced.

but i know what you mean about the neck.. my maple neck&fretboard stratocaster's neck drops.

i like my action low because i dont hit the strings hard. how i play, there is no fret buzz. if i were to hit the strings too hard in the action i have it set on, yes there will be buzz. but the way it came with the average action there was no buzzing.

maybe this should get moved to gear reviews... or ill just copy and paste
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks