View post (need PRS style guitar. help if you can)

View thread

pure
pure
03/11/2006 3:21 pm
okay first i will talk about the guitar itself.

when i got the phoenix, the action was a little high for me and all i had to do to lower it was turn a screw and that was it. the guitar came scratchless and was in perfect intonation. it arrived in 2 days so i was happy about that.

right now the action's 2 millimeters high from top of the 12th fret to bottom of the high e sring, and 5 millimeters from the top of the 12th fret to the bottom of the e string and i have no problems. no buzz at all.

----------------------------------unplugged

the next thing i checked when i got the guitar is how it sounds unplugged and its resonance. the whole guitar vibrates when i pick a note and right now my television's on and my brother can hear the guitar unplugged across the room.

i really like this neck shape. the neck shape is like a wide "C", alot like "(". the neck is wide and thin, but not very thin. its thinner than my strat but not as flat as an ibanez.

the fretboard is 1.75 inches wide at the nut, and 2.25 inches wide at the 24th fret. the fretboard radius is very flat. there is almost no curve, but there is a very little curve. i guess you can call it flat because there is almost no curve. i like the pearl inlays on them.

the heel at the back of the neck starts to form at the 19th fret and stops at the end of the 20th fret.

the neck is set in.

and also, the neck is skinnier at the nut than at the 20th fret, right before the heel starts forming.

the neck arrived with a little back curve, but i guess its cause the guitar was sent from wiskonsin and im in florida so that might have something to do with it.

ok the fret condition. slide your hand along both edges of the fretboard and it doesnt feel like a chainsaw. the frets are like rectangles, flat at the top. but, theyre sorta rounded on the sides. the frets are like trapezoids. the frets are average height. they were all even when they came.

.___
/___\ <--- my fret.

i cant really say how heavy the neck is. the whole guitar weight is balanced at the body where it meets your leg.

the guitar is comfortable both atanding and sitting.to me the guitar isnt heavy when standing. it feels like ita around 6-8 pounds.

bends are smooth, easy, and dont fret out. i really like the mahogany neck. it looks awesome and its finish is smooth.

i guess thats it about the neck.

since the day i got it, i tuned it that same day and i havent had to re-tune it yet. that doesnt say much since it was on thursday when i got it and today's saturday.

----------------------------------plugged

okay... ill update this section later because im not good at describing sound. ill just record some stuff on all the settings. check back.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks