My first recording...

stackny
stackny
03/01/2006 10:46 pm
Well, heres my first recording. Just got a mic over the weekend and this was a little experimental thing to see if I could get more than one track to play over each other. Not great sound quality due to a crappy mic and I had too much reverb and bass on but whatever. Pretty straight foward blues riff. Nothing complicated. Hopefully Ill have more to come that arent as crappy.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3574308&q=lo
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 1
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/02/2006 12:23 am
How come these blasted soundclick files never work for me?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 2
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/02/2006 12:36 am
If that's reverb I hear you used way too much. If not then the mic placement was iffy and the room acoustics got way too involved. Other than that it sounded good.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
stackny
stackny
03/02/2006 1:48 am
Originally Posted by: magicninjaIf that's reverb I hear you used way too much. If not then the mic placement was iffy and the room acoustics got way too involved. Other than that it sounded good.

Its probably a combo of the mic placement and some reverb. I played the rhythms in my bedroom with the rugs and beds and stuff, but moved out to the hall where I usually play for the solo and other stuff because I think the people upstairs were bitchin. Im pretty sure the acoustics are worse out there than they are in the bedroom. Im still learning the mic, cuz it doesnt seem to pick up as much sound as other mics Ive used in the past. Ill keep it in mind for next time.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.