View post (arpeggios)

View thread

emmanuel79
emmanuel79
07/16/2001 3:26 pm
In order to play arpegios... you need to learn basic sweeping technique. Or you may play the up-down-up-down sequences which is not convenient or comfortable.
Fingering must be improved that is accurate picking on notes that is if your index finger is on the 2nd string you must pick the 2nd string which is easier if done in one by one slowly but to do it in a sequence of notes and in a fast tempo will be harder. Remember, practice makes perfect. This may sound harsh but it is true. So, practice your fingering in everything not just playing arpegios, you will understand until you reach the level of what fingering all about. Have you heard people mention about TOUCHING? That is the key to be able to play almost any kind of scales and skills. Arpegios is just like playing chords but in a different way as this may sound easy.

So, your right hand must be as good as your left hand. You must be good in fingering as well as your picking. If one of it does not, the whole thing sucks. Hope you understand what I mean. You heard about warm-ups and those warm-ups exercise is actually your base of your fingering and picking. Do a lot of warm up exercise, from chromatic chords, ALL-BENDING tehnique, sweeping, PULL-TAPPING, hybird picking, learn more scales, get your "hearing" perfect, and you will see some differences when you master all this. What I have mentioned is not the end and that does not meant you are already mastering everything, but you are on your way to explore the world of masters and how the played. Giving you some tab and show you how to play a scale is still not getting you no where. So, get on with your fingering and picking first. Play normal scales and get your fingering perfect as well as your picking. Do you know how to pick the right way that is to hold the pick about 45 degree downwards. Master these two and you may be able to play arpegios. Once you start, play it slowly for a couple of times, back and forth, then until you know you have perfect picking in slow tempo start increasing your picking tempo until you reach the level where you find out you are totally lost. So back from the start until you can play very well in a fast tempo. If you are born with speed, then you will be able to master arpegios very fast. One word of motivation: Be crazy when practicing and don't care how bad you practice in front of others or alone. People who can play unique sounds and tones with crazy speed are actually crazy people and one of them are Steve Vai this is why he is one of the greatest. Don't look down on classical guitarist, those who are called masters are also actually crazy people which hunger for success and satisfaction. A lot of classical masters also can play in crazy speed except their scales are different. So, I don't know what kind of scales you do prefer and if you don't have preferences that will be crazy and crazy is good. That's why I talk like crazy person which is especially guitar. Einstein does look crazy by just looking at his face and hair style but he is damn the cleverest and the most inteligent person on earth.

I'll post to this section If I need to say more...
Thanks and sorry for my english errornous.
*Aliens Understand Music*