View post (Chavs?)

View thread

earthman buck
earthman buck
03/02/2006 4:44 pm
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusSorry, I just have to ask. :D What do you mean by the Juice-Bowl Theory? I'd be intrigued to know...

Ok, if you really want to know.....

Imagine life as a series of bowls. I'm not sure exactly how many, in this crudely-drawn diagram, there are three.

Eventually, the water forces the juice out, and it spills out into the next bowl: the working world. The same thing happens, as more water spills in from the school-bowl. The juice rises to the top, ever-closer to retirement. At some point, it spills over into the third bowl: retirement. I guess this could be represented (in a person's later years) as a retirement home. More water/idiots keep spilling in from the working world, and eventually the juice spills over onto the carpet, which is death.

Of course, juice doesn't really float on water, so it'd have to be some other fluid. I chose to use juice because of what it would actually do when water is poured on it. It would mix. If there are 10 good, non-chavs in a school, there is a pretty good chance at least one of those will be an idiot by the time their education is done. I guess the fluid would have to be something between juice and oil.

Also, the number of bowls varies depending on your life. Secondary education could add a bowl. I guess promotions and whatnot in work could be sub-bowls.