Looking for guitarists (australia, Melbourne or closer0

opethfan19m
opethfan19m
03/01/2006 2:57 am
Ok hi all, I've been playing guitar for about 8 years now on and off, and am looking to get more serious about it, Im looking for another guitarist at the moment so as to start making some damned music, well, ok not damned but it sounded good, um, for a while I'd like to just learn some cover songs, get a good idea of skill level etc, then start writing original stuff...

some of the bands I like to play are:
Opeth (songs including: Benighted, Face of melinda, Night and the silent water, To bid you farewell....)

Slayer (songs including: Dead skin mask, South of heaven, Temptation etc..)

um, also been learning a little pink floyd, eric clapton etc, although only recently started so i havent gotten far yet i.e (about 3/4 of the solo for shine on you crazy diamond parts I-IV or V)
anyway, interested? msg me or post a reply...or something...
Im not really too fussed on what we'd end up making, thats all to be decided much later, for the moment im looking for someone else to jam with, if you like similair styles of music etc, get in contact and we'll see what happens :D
# 1
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
03/01/2006 2:59 am
i suck.....
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/01/2006 3:03 am
I suck too... and I don't live anywhere near Australia. So that's a double negative right there.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
03/01/2006 3:06 am
no really... i suck

which part do you live btw
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 4
opethfan19m
opethfan19m
03/06/2006 3:55 am
I might be up for it, depending on what part of Melbourne you're from. Opeth's my favourite band at the moment and I know a handful of Slayer songs.

Im in the Mornington Peninsula, Frankston etc.
Um, I gotta say Opeth are probably my favorite atm too (my nick probably gives that away eh) although none of my friends bother to learn any, even though I've practically begged em, they have more interest in blink 182 etc *shudders* still, to each their own eh

as for Slayer, I'd have to relearn alot but got no problems with that. I've been learning Iced earth lately as well, although a fair bit of their music reminds me of a band trying to copy Slayer, that hasnt practiced enough and just can't quite keep up with their riffs...

Anyway, if your interested gimme a list of songs that you can play now or something, I'll see what I know and learn the rest if you like, got nothing but time anyway :)
# 5
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/07/2006 11:52 pm
Aaargh, I'd love to join a metal band, but I live near Sydney! (Plus, I suck beyond belief :D )
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.