View post (Having trouble with F major finger placment)

View thread

Hardrive
Hardrive
02/26/2006 4:33 pm
tried the method of useing 2 fingers for the first fret it seems to sound a lot better just having problems applying enough preaure with the pinky finger lol but its a vast improvment. i was going nowhere with the method of holding down the first two strings with the index finger but pesivered with it as it said that method was useally tought to beginers and i thought that was the easyiest method but in half an hour of trying the other method the Fm sounds clear and well chuffed. Guess ive learnet an important lesson here what one person deems a simple way might not be for another person and experiment with diffrent styles till i find one that is comfterable to me and comes naturaly.
god im dumb

Thanks Tonja_Renee I really appriciate your help. A friend lent me his guitar last week to help get my hand stronger coz ive had an accident and loads of ops the last one was 3 weeks ago and he said by learning the guitar i will be exercising it and wont notice the pain as much as i get something out of it. 2 days later after learning mission imposible and twinkle twinkle little star i bought a guitar coz i didnt want to damage his and its the best thing ive done. wish i had done it years ago. cant seem to put it down have to practice and practice till i get it perfect i love it.
If your Fingers aint bleading you havent practiced enough...