acoustic?

sirhc1210
sirhc1210
06/26/2001 6:11 pm
I only have around a hundred dollars and i want a new guitar. I was wonder if i should get another electric or a acoustic? most of my friends say acousticso i am kinda leaning towads a acoustic. then i have another question...should i get a acoustic electric or an acoustic? But keep in mind i only have around 100 dollars. Thanks for all your advice.
# 1
Fenderblues
Fenderblues
06/26/2001 6:36 pm
$100. does not seem to be much, its about £70. I think.

I would try to save up a little more if possible and it sound like you have an electric one already so an accoustic is a good move to make.

We in England could not get an elctro acoustic for that price and would struggle to find an acoustic for that price as well.

Try and buy a second hand one. In my experience a dreadnought has a good loud and beautiful sound. The electro accoustic sounds ok through the amp but not as immpressive as most full accoustics, make and modles will differ of course so personal chioce is the point.

good luck
While I'm sat here, Playin', I'm tryin' to free my mind!
# 2
sirhc1210
sirhc1210
06/26/2001 9:48 pm
Yeah i guess guess i will save up my money to buy a better guitar. so what your suggesting is a full acoustic dreadnought...are there any other brands that are good also?
# 3
Fenderblues
Fenderblues
06/27/2001 6:00 pm
The Dreadnought is not a make but a perticular style,like Jumbo or studio. Takamine, Taylor, Martin, Simon & Patric are all excellent guitars.

I play the Simon & Patric it is a good mid priced guitar about £300. new.These should be cheaper in America as they are made in canada.(a beautiful sounding and looking guitar, hand made and a dream to play)

Takamime star at about £190.

Taylor and Martin guitar are £800. and above.

Yamaha nock one out about £80. they are not bad to start off with.

I'm not sure but I think that $100 = £60.

Encour start at nylon strung classical style at about £30.

Hope this is of some use.
# 4
sirhc1210
sirhc1210
06/28/2001 12:38 am
The simon Patrick sounds good... Which model do you have? does it sound good? Have you ever played the Takamime... is that any good? I have heard of them but never got a chance to play one.
# 5
Fenderblues
Fenderblues
06/28/2001 6:04 pm
Hi, I've got the SP6 CEDAR.

Excellent in my opinion.

I have played most other guitars during my search for a good accoustic to buy, an the Takamine that I tried to me are a little overated. They seemed to be lacking in sound, both in loudness and in warmth and tone. If I had had the money at the time I would would have bought a Taylor or a Martin.
# 6
minofifa
minofifa
07/07/2001 1:11 am
I would definately suggest a Seagull. They are very well priced and even better made. For 200 bucks you can get a very good sounding guitar of high quiality. If you save 800-900 more dollars I would suggest a Larrivee or a Taylor. Many Martin's are overpriced but they are decent guitars. I think the bulk of guitars are in the 300-400 dollar region so if you save up you will have the most flexibility and selection. RIght now I have a Takamine and it is pretty good for what i paid.
# 7
SteelSlider
SteelSlider
07/07/2001 2:45 am
Yeah, save your money and get one at least $300. Anything less and you'll be disappointed. You basiclly get what you pay for. Anything less than that is junk. Save. You'll thank your self later.
Get the money, then go to a shop and start playing guitars within the price range you have money for. You'll find one that feels comfortable, has a sound you like, and is easy to play. And don't be taken in by the pretty finish, the bright flashy colors of the painted body. That means absolutly nothng. It's eye candy. Make your visual sences feel good.
PLay, feel, listen.
Don't make your decsion on what other say. Listen to everyone, log in what is said, weigh the evidence for your self. Everyone has an opinion on what everyone else should buy. It's a decision that is as important as what kind of car to get, what college to go to, hamburger or steak.
If you don't get one that you like and feel comfortable with you'll be back in the shop a year from now getting another one someone else recommended. Spend some time choosing one within the $ amount you have.
You'll be a lot happier.
Good luck.
Slidin' on.
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.