View post (Old British Black Sabbath Tube Tone)

View thread

Vegas Wierdo
Vegas Wierdo
02/25/2006 7:26 am
Holy crap!!! Why so many?! Isn't that overkill?! Is this the equivalent of taking a barely-street-legal monster truck from your suburban tract home to the suburban grocery store and back again? :eek: What could that possibly accomplish!!!

Is this some way to blast an entire arena without having to mic it through the PA? Is that what that accomplishes? That's the only guess I can come up with. :confused:

What did he use back in... like... 1967 or 1969? What did he use in the studio... back then? What did he play through when Black Sabbath appeared on German television in, like, 1970? Back when I was but a twinkle in my daddy's eye.

Edited to add: How on earth do you play one guitar through six amps?! I had heard that SRV, Keith Richards and several other notables play through two amps so they can get dirty and clean tones going simultaneously - some notable bassists do that, too - but I've always wondered how that was done.

What kinda doohickey/setup allows you to play through more than one amp? I can only ever imagine doing two at once... but... six?! Geez!!!

One amp two amps red amp blue amps.