Pics of SOME of my gear

SteveAKCK
SteveAKCK
02/22/2006 4:20 pm
Ok I was trying to find the old, what gear do you have thread, it seems to have dissapeared.

# 1
acapella
acapella
02/22/2006 4:43 pm
sweet gear man! what kinda cabs you got for those heads?
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 2
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/22/2006 4:43 pm
Sweet gear bud! I used to have one of those little Marshalls. Fun little amp aint it? Which Boogie is that, the MKIII? I've alway's wanted to try one of those PV VTM's. What all kind of tones can you get with it? Nice collection of sexy guitars as well!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 3
SteveAKCK
SteveAKCK
02/22/2006 10:18 pm
Thanks guys. Good cabs are my next intended purchase. At this point, I own 2 Peavey MX anvil 4x12 cabs and 1 Crate :o 4x12. The Mesa is a Mark III black dot simu class I believe because it has the 60watt/100watt switch (although shouldn't it be 50watt/100watt?) I've got another Mesa back in PA that's a blue stripe simulcalss, another Peavey VTM 120, Peavey Festival head, an original Peavey Triump 120 head and a Peavey MX head. The VTM gets really loud but with nice distortion. You definately do not need a pedal with it. Plus it's so versatile with the modding section. It can kick your ass like a Marshall, but for muted playing, it more of a whum whum rather than the more pronounced dun dun of a Marshall. Speaking of Marshall, yeah that amp is pretty cool. Even for a solid state it gets some good tone. I can get a great Bongzilla guitar sound out of it and some real bluesy stuff. People knock the MG series, but they aren't bad. I have a Crate GX15 thats out of comission right now. Something went in the electronics so I have to get it fixed. I've got some other equipment back home, another guitar and another amp that aren't name brand, but I really wish I had them up here to mess around with. I'll have to find out what brand the guitar is. It has a headstock like a Fender only bigger and the body is across between a tele and a strat but also oversized. It's got three black rocker switches down near the bottom. The amp I have I thought was made by Global Electronics or something like that. It has a tremelo knob on it and sounds really cool when you turn it up all the way.

By the way the guitars from left to right, top to bottom are
Agile Les Paul copy
Jackson KE-3
Kona strat in the fat strat configuration
LTD M-50 - I just got in my new pickups for this one. I'm putting in a Duncan Stag Mag in the neck with a pull-pot for the coil-split and a Full Shred in the bridge.
Raven LP Copy
and the final one on the bottom right is a Washburn V with the special skull art from that semi-famous artist that's also doing the Anarchy art for them.

As soon as I get it, i'll post pictures of my LTD MH-400
# 4
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/22/2006 11:27 pm
I believe the Mark III uses 6L6 power tubes which put out more power than EL34's. 2 6L6's will put out around 60 watts, and 4 will do between 100-120. It also depends on how the power section is set up, I believe. I used to have a PV Triple XXX head that used 4 6L6's and was rated at 120 watts. I read a review of it from an amp modder, and he said that the one he had put out 190 watts at the clipping stage. So, just because an amp is labeled at say 100 watts, doesn't mean that that is exactly what it puts out. For more info than that, you'll have to see our resident "Gear Guru" Lats. :D
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.