playability

markc2005
markc2005
02/20/2006 7:04 pm
how can i make my guitar neck more playable? and faster it feels like my fingures are sticking to the fret board when i bend but it isn't sticky any ideas?
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 1
earthman buck
earthman buck
02/20/2006 8:19 pm
Originally Posted by: markc2005how can i make my guitar neck more playable? and faster it feels like my fingures are sticking to the fret board when i bend but it isn't sticky any ideas?

Keep bending. Do a lot of slides too. Eventually your fingers and the fretboard will stop sticking to each other. I'm assuming your guitar is relatively new; if it is, it's probably just not used to being played. Either that or you're just not used to bending, in which case all I can recommend is more practice. Good luck with that.
# 2
aschleman
aschleman
02/22/2006 1:58 pm
There's some stuff called FastFret that you can get at any guitar store... its a fretboard lubricant that helps reduce friction on the fretboard and the back of the neck. It also helps keep your strings clean and keeps them from oxidizing as quickly... There are different brands beside FastFret and they come I sticks or sprays so see which one you like.
# 3
rockonn91
rockonn91
02/26/2006 2:08 am
yeah, if the problems with your frets literally being sticky, its a good idea to wash your hands before you play.

oh wait... re read... ummm if the neck is clean and wax free, if your bending, and you fingers are touching it, your fingers will be slowed down majorly because of your pressing down and the friction against your fingers.
this is hard to explain.

like, if you press down hard on some newly waxed table top or something, and you try to push your fingers across it, its hard, right? but if you lighten up your touch, you can slide across it without much problems. so think of it the same way on your fretboard. if you dont press as hard on the strings, your finger probably wont hit the board as much, and you wont have problems.

with time, your fretboard will become worn in enough and your technique for bending will be good enough, you wont have any problems.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 4
Fret spider
Fret spider
03/21/2006 9:31 pm
wash your hands before u play i always find this helps
and increases your string life
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.