how does anyone find a band?

eclecto69
eclecto69
02/19/2006 4:49 pm
Yo...
I need a band. Badly. How does anyone go about finding one? I'm at the high school level and all I can find are ultra-commited, super-serious, be-the-next-Rolling Stones bands. Any help is appreciated.
eclecto
# 1
markc2005
markc2005
02/19/2006 6:37 pm
talk to your friends and find out who plays intruments and get a few of em together. its suprising the ammount of beginner/intermediate players there are if u ask around.
im 16 by the way so im at college n have met loads of bandless drummer/bassists/guitarists
anyway if all else fails stick some posters around for auditions and start your own band :p
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 2
Mario Amengual
Mario Amengual
03/10/2006 10:38 pm
Hi ,
i can feel your pain , but finding committed people you have to go through the uncommited . You will find that a lot of bands meet like that . Patience is the most important part and be prepared . Be at the level you want to be as a musician to contribute to that future band . Hope this helps
# 3
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
03/25/2006 10:26 pm
Originally Posted by: eclecto69Yo...
I need a band. Badly. How does anyone go about finding one? I'm at the high school level and all I can find are ultra-commited, super-serious, be-the-next-Rolling Stones bands. Any help is appreciated.
eclecto

I'm lookin for a band and all I find are the exact opposite! I wish I lived near you!

Also you could try posting flyers or someting around school. It helps.
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 4
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
03/26/2006 11:56 am
i guess the trouble is looking for people with the sameinterest in music...im having a hard time myself...i have a few friends that just started but their taste in music is way different....
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 5
aschleman
aschleman
03/28/2006 2:40 pm
Get active in the local music scene. Go to small shows and talk to people. You would be surprised at the kind of people that come out of the woodwork... Get to know people. The biggest thing about the music scene is building your social pipeline. "It's not who you are, it's who you know" That is soooo true. So get out and meet people. Even if one person doesn't play guitar... maybe they know someone who does, or someone that's a hell of a vocalist. Also, be patient with the process. Sometimes bands are formed by a stroke of luck. Sometimes you get a group of guys together to jam and there's no chemistry... so be patient and wait it out. If you can't find a band right away try to get some kind of an acoustic act together and do some shows. You'd be surprised at how many people will come to you and say 'hey man, let's jam sometime!'
# 6
srpianojrguitar
srpianojrguitar
03/31/2006 3:37 am
yeah, im tryin to get my friends to start a band, but theyre a bit more metal than i, and i play piano, so im learnin like in this irver to try to compromise to get somethin goin for next yrs battle
You come into this world naked, you leave this world naked

-You dont leave the world naked

You do if you plan it right

HEYYY AQUAALUNNGGGGG!
# 7
VinnyHendrix
VinnyHendrix
04/08/2006 4:59 pm
Putting together a band is very hard...
The best thing to do is advertise!
Ask around
I'm still trying to put a band together to this day and ive been tryin for years!
At least im only a senior in highschool but hopefully when i go off to berklee I'll find some people!
But make yourself known and ask random people
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.