View post (what does tone do?)

View thread

bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
02/18/2006 7:06 am
Originally Posted by: mxhIm new to electric guitar a i was wondering what tone does it makes the sound different but whats the point of it?

Thanks

Tone IS the point. Your tone is your sound. Clean tone, Overdriven tone, I could go on and on 'cause there are alot of different tones, then there are different variations in those tones depending on what your EQ is set to on your amp for any given model or channel. What I mean by model is, some amps have amp modeling units in them like the Line 6 spider II series. Each model can sound different depending on the EQ settings. As for channels, My B-52 all tube head has three channels, one clean and two overdriven. Each of these will sound different depending on the EQ settings. EQ settings are your bass, mid, and treble knobs, plus gain knobs. Some people can be identified by their tone, like SRV for example, and Slash is another good example.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes: