View post (New Gear!)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/18/2006 7:08 pm
I'd definately get the DSL, don't worry about effects, you won't have much need for them with an amp that sounds that good by itself. I've tried a TSL, and it's amazing sounding. I'm sure you'll be happy with it for a very long time. as for tubes, apparently they do need to be changed out every few years, but as tele_master said, it could be 10 minutes or 75 years. I wouldn't realy worry about it too much, it's not like you'll be going through tubes in an amp the way you go through strings on a guitar.

and yes, if it sounds muddy at low volumes, there is a way to get around it, it's called an attenuator (or something like that) it allows you to crank the amp up to get the sound you want, but the volume output won't be near as high. it'll run you another $300 or so though :rolleyes:

so just why is your mom doing this for you anyway? I mean, right now, between the marshall stack and the les paul, you are coming close to the price of my car :eek: that's just odd that your mom would lend you several thousand dollars.. are your parents rich?
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace