View post (what are you using to record?)

View thread

hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
04/11/2006 9:47 pm

Guess what I'm saying is that you don't need a whole load of crap to do recordings. These days, you can record 128 tracks using just your computer.
It doesn't even have to be the latest greatest thing on the market either...
my G3 is 9 years old and the only update I did was add a G4 CPU and increase the ram to 768mb.

AGREED, I have to laugh, I have seen this type of thread pop up before here, and before I get on my soap box, this is nothing personal about "Dr Simon". Rule one, doesn't matter what you have, its the skill and work that you put into it. Sure sweet pre's, mics, and and nice compressors can help but dont be discouraged if all you have is a computer with Traction or an MBOX. You may have to be more imaginative but you can make great recordings.

I had a commercial Pro Tools HD2 studio, quite a few mics and all kinds of fancy outboard gear, but guess what, when someone doesnt know what they are doing it still sounds like crap. I sold all that stuff 1.5 years ago, I know have a Toneport UX2, Tracktion, Reason and a few mics, since I have some skill I can still make stuff sound really good.

Point to my babbling, dont be intimidated but pictures, just work on your recording knowledge and skills. Matter of fact Dr Simon is a really good source of information.

I would just hate to have people discouraged, recording is a fantastic past time and career.

Peace,
Howard