Filing taxes

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/17/2006 12:16 am
This sucks. Anyone know where I can file this crap online without a fee? I want to get this garbage out of the way as soon as possible.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
02/17/2006 5:00 am
You can buy some software like TurboTax and get it knocked out pretty quick.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/17/2006 5:10 am
I just did mine on the Government of Canada site. Got my refund in about 2 weeks. There's also a telephone number you can do it on.
You can also use older versions of stuff like Turbo tax if you wanna save money. At one point I used the same version for 3 years in a row... as long as there's been no major changes in tax laws, it's the same thing every year.
You can also go on Usenet and grab a freebie version if you feel like being a piracy skunk.
# 3
acapella
acapella
02/17/2006 5:17 am
I'm 16. I don't pay taxes. :)
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/17/2006 5:17 am
Originally Posted by: schmangeI just did mine on the Government of Canada site. Got my refund in about 2 weeks. There's also a telephone number you can do it on.
You can also use older versions of stuff like Turbo tax if you wanna save money. At one point I used the same version for 3 years in a row... as long as there's been no major changes in tax laws, it's the same thing every year.
You can also go on Usenet and grab a freebie version if you feel like being a piracy skunk.

Which I probably will since the idea of filing my taxes is to get money back, rather than spending money. Buying software would probably be useful to someone that, say, has difficult taxes. But I"m a poor, single guy that lives alone and has no kids. I've got the bottom of the barrel taxes to tend to.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
02/17/2006 5:30 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsWhich I probably will since the idea of filing my taxes is to get money back, rather than spending money. Buying software would probably be useful to someone that, say, has difficult taxes. But I"m a poor, single guy that lives alone and has no kids. I've got the bottom of the barrel taxes to tend to.

Personaly, I like paying a live person to do my taxes. That way I can go back and ring his neck if he screws up. :D
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 6
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/17/2006 6:10 am
yeah, but those guys are just using the same tax software you can buy in the store.
If you do it online, your refund comes in just a coupla weeks... which reminds me, I should do mine tonight.
# 7
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
02/17/2006 6:14 am
Originally Posted by: schmangeyeah, but those guys are just using the same tax software you can buy in the store.
If you do it online, your refund comes in just a coupla weeks... which reminds me, I should do mine tonight.

Yeah, well you can't wait for software outside of it's office so you can kicks it's scrawny behind after it looses you three grand. Just Kidding! :rolleyes:
# 8
sailorjim
sailorjim
02/17/2006 6:53 am
I most of the time try to do most stuff myself. However it finnally kicked me in the butt. I own a restaurant system business and I decided I would do my own book keeping using quick books, looks easy enough. Right!!! $40,000.00 mistake... If my accountant didn't catch it I would have had to pay an extra 10,000.00 to uncle sam..... Moral to the story, If you don't know what the heck you are doing, pay someone to do it..
A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.