View post (high school pretentious bs)

View thread

jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
02/12/2006 9:08 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOnei start school on thursday!!! w00t. it's been awhile in the making... i went in and took my assessments and got a 99th percentile placement in English comprehension and composition, which is cool cause it exempted me from a year's worth of classes. Math on the other hand...

I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in the public K-12 schools in the US. it's absolute BS, they try to lump every single kid together into one standardized method of education, and it's just plain not right. People learn in so many different ways... the other thing at always frustrated me is that the schools i went to all had such a heavy freakin emphasis on math, it was ridiculous!

By the time i got to high school, with the fact I had a blindingly high IQ, perfect English, and a keen interest in art and music BUT an ineptitude with math it should have been evident that I was most likely not going to go into a field where i'd need to know advanced trig or calc... sooooo... it's like instead let's screw the kid over by lowering his overall GPA and placing MORE emphasis on how much better he should be at math and play up how much less he is to corporate America as a result!!!

I had a teacher in fifth grade (age 11) who told me that someday I was "going to be standing in an unemployment line, wondering what I did wrong." 11 years old!! When my parents heard that they flipped... and last year I photocopied my tax report, blacked out all the areas of pertinent information, and sent it along to the dumb bitch with a brief note explaining who I was, told her that I'd ended up droppin gout of HS and getting my diploma because of people like her, and that I just wanted to watch which one of her prepubescent students who she insults in the future :rolleyes:

Wow, dude, your life is the story of mine! Except I haven't got the guts to drop out of school - I'm going to see the HSC through, and probably trudge through university after that :o
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>