View post (I dont care, I STILL PLAY BETTER THAN YOU!!)

View thread

Fenderblues
Fenderblues
06/19/2001 7:35 pm
Er, non of us are as good as we might think we are, and those who boast most are trying to make up for their misgivings and shortcomings, to be said to be the best by others counts, but self proclemation meens very little.
(I'm not having a go at you, because you are probably letting off steam and speaking a little tongue in cheek. We are a community in the guitar sense and all have different opinions on guitars, amps, effects, bands, etc.etc.etc.)

Then again you know these people you are aiming your comments at and if they are guitarist in the real sense then they would keep siily comments to themselves and realise that it is difference which makes us unique.
If thay just call or put down your equippment or style or playing then freinds they are not nor are they genuine guitarists.

The only one you should compete with is YOUSELF. After all we are our own worst critics, slave drivers and taskmasters.

The guitar is basically a tool, and there for I believe it is the player who makes the guitar and not the guitar who makes the player. A Bad Workman Blames his tools! And saying that if your tool (mind the pun) suits you keep it. Don;t fix what ain't broke.

I've seen Eddie Allen (Fender demo man etc) make a cheap £80. guitar sound and play just as good as he did with the £1000.+ guitars.
While I'm sat here, Playin', I'm tryin' to free my mind!