zoom multi effects w/ cubase

rockonn91
rockonn91
02/07/2006 2:38 am
hey i ran across this on ebay awhile ago.

its a Zoom multi effects pedal. but it comes with the basic cubase LE software.

ive been wanting some better software, as well as a better recording method (i.e. not just a mic)

yall think its a worthy buy?
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 1
Superhuman
Superhuman
02/07/2006 10:23 am
Hmmmmmmmm.
Cubase : good.
Zoom: bad.

There are plenty of other software packages out there that have Cubase LE bundled in. If I were you and I was just starting home recording, I would buy Cubasis VST and Line6 Guitarport. Both of those will not cost a lot more thatn the Zoom but will be infinitely more flexible. After a year or so you will know enough about Cubasis to decide whether you want to take the plunge and go for Cubase SX. You'll also find out whether you are happy to stick with digital amp modellers or take the BIG plunge and start investing in hardware. IMO Guitarport will help you create excellent home demos and it is designed for pc use.... unlike Zoom technology which ain't that good at all.... Either that, or start saving now for the real deal, but depending on your means.... that could take a LOOOOOOONG time!
# 2
rockonn91
rockonn91
02/07/2006 8:02 pm
yeah i was planning on getting the line 6 UX2 toneport, but ill look into the guitarport. i wanted the toneport so i could DI a mic, bass, and guitar. and it also came with some software.
ive been recording for like a year, but only with a mic into Audacity, which is alright freeware, but doesnt have good quality.

so im wanting a DI box that can give me good sound and a good software would be a plus.

ill look into the guitarport. :cool:

# 3
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
02/16/2006 8:48 am
Originally Posted by: SuperhumanHmmmmmmmm.
Cubase : good.
Zoom: bad.

Yeah, steer clear of anything made by Zoom. I don't know whether it's available in a software package, but Behringer's little multiple effects unit is a ripper - higher quality than the Zoom, and a bit cheaper to boot (in Australia, anyway).
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 4
rockonn91
rockonn91
02/16/2006 7:47 pm
weeeellll i have a beringer amp with plenty of effects, and im getting a midi foot controller for that. but i still want another one. at the moment im just saving for a DI box. and if i get enough a POD.

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.