View post (using marked frets for key&scale changes?)

View thread

axemaster911
axemaster911
02/06/2006 4:34 am
Originally Posted by: Julian VickersI was just saying that the dots to mark the frets are there to mark places on the neck so that while playing, you can see where you are at a quick glance. I don't think there was any pre-judging going on.
Knowing the notes on the guitar becomes a valuable asset. You don't really have to sit there for ages memorizing, after a few years of playing guitar, you start to just know where the notes are without any work. Although, from your profile I see you've been playing guitar for 20 years, which is five times what I've been playing, so who am I to say?

Well, pardner you just had to go back into prejudge vill. Do you assume I dont know the notes on the fretboard! I think so, but I never said I dont know all the notes on the fretboard,"help me" (you prejudged me) that oks, I use to do it all the time, untill I started getting smartass remarks in reply.(broke me quick) You had a great answer on the marked frets being no more than sign posts on the fretboard to show the way. I have always tryed to find some common link in the marked frets and all keys. No more, there just signs to guide the way.Dam Rite, I agree, GOOD ANSWER "for a 21 yr old legal drinker" Rock on Dude