View post (using marked frets for key&scale changes?)

View thread

axemaster911
axemaster911
02/05/2006 7:25 am
Your rite, but my Question is how do you change keys with root note, say G#/B flat, with the corresponding scale patterns that go with it. Of which are now in a totally diffrent relation to the marked frets, thur out the neck, top to bottom. I mean I am starting to think you have to be a genius, with a photographic memory to master the six, or seven most popular keys thruout the whole neck, which is ideal to be a great player who can sit in with any band, and at least be able to stay in what ever keys they want to play in, and not fly out of key just because you dont know the patters in certin keys. I mean man would it be great for me if the 3-5-7-9-12-15-17-19-21 marked frets were movable, because those frets are how I memorize pattern changes, and if they all moved to what ever key you want to play in I would have no problem, because I know the whole pattern, I just cant move the whole pattern up, or down a half step because the dots on the marked frets dont move, or even a whole step because theres two spaces between 9-12 fret, and 12-15. There has got to be a reasonable explaination for the way the frets are marked? What it mean, and why?