finally played a strat

16andlifetogo
16andlifetogo
02/04/2006 5:41 am
well, i finally got the chance to play a fender stratocaster.. i played it through a crate half stack. I wasnt all that impressed by the guitar truthfully. it was nice has real low action and sounded great. but, the playability wasnt that great. I was more impressed with the amp LOL. The necks are pretty thick on them too. personally i think my ibanez plays better. But still, it was cool, and i jamed out with a 10 year old drummer, and his dad on hermonica (sp). i just played some blues riffs, but it was fun. If that kid sticks to hte drums, he will be awsome in a few years..
Later in the evening
As you lie awake in bed
With the echoes from the amplifiers
Ringing in your head
You smoke the day's last cigarette
Rememb'rin' what she said
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI'm a super hero. It's what I do.
# 1
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
02/04/2006 5:39 pm
I have yet to find a Strat that I like. Sure, you hear them being played and your like " that sounds good". Then you play one, and yuck. Everytime I play one the action is terrible and I can't seem to get a nice sound out of it. Our singer has one and its alright but it constantly needs be set-up..by lucky ol' me too.

I find Tele's have alot more umph. They never need to be set-up ( alright once in a while ) and they look way better...and...well...they are better. :D
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 2
16andlifetogo
16andlifetogo
02/05/2006 12:30 am
haha. i think i would still like to own one. But i like teles too.

i think i will stick to ibanez for awile. I really like the way mine plays. I would like to set a Saber body though.
Later in the evening
As you lie awake in bed
With the echoes from the amplifiers
Ringing in your head
You smoke the day's last cigarette
Rememb'rin' what she said
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI'm a super hero. It's what I do.
# 3
rockonn91
rockonn91
02/05/2006 7:13 pm
yeah, i played with a fender standard strat for awile. i liked it- but the buzz got annoying and it didnt have great sustain.

so i switched to an SG. it can do just about everything a strat can, but it doesnt buzz, has great sustain, and a faster and more accessable neck.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.