some good news, and some bad news

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/03/2006 5:20 am
starting with bad news, cause it's always more fun

bad news:
I took my car to a mechanic yesterday, found out that I'm going to need about $1000 in repairs, it needs axel boots (front and rear), 4 new tires, air intake (current one has a hole), and wheel alignment. to top it off, I guess when I took it in, the mechanic did something, possibly took the duct tape that was covering the hole of the intake off (the previous owner did the duct tape job, not me! I swear!) and so, when I tried to drive home tonight, the car would die while idling, so I had to gas it even when I was stopped, just to keep it running.

good news:
I got a 25-cent per/hour raise today!
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/03/2006 3:42 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsstarting with bad news, cause it's always more fun

bad news:
I took my car to a mechanic yesterday, found out that I'm going to need about $1000 in repairs, it needs axel boots (front and rear), 4 new tires, air intake (current one has a hole), and wheel alignment. to top it off, I guess when I took it in, the mechanic did something, possibly took the duct tape that was covering the hole of the intake off (the previous owner did the duct tape job, not me! I swear!) and so, when I tried to drive home tonight, the car would die while idling, so I had to gas it even when I was stopped, just to keep it running.

good news:
I got a 25-cent per/hour raise today!

To spite you, I read the good news first. Congrats on the raise, it's always fun getting more money.

On the bad news... I hate cars. They're a necessary evil to me.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 2
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/03/2006 3:55 pm
I'm sure there's a lawsuit to be found here somewhere. Did the douche you bought the car off of inform you about all it's problems, or give the 'ol "as is"? Just remember, you can sue anyone at any time for any reason.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 3
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/03/2006 4:41 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggI'm sure there's a lawsuit to be found here somewhere. Did the douche you bought the car off of inform you about all it's problems, or give the 'ol "as is"? Just remember, you can sue anyone at any time for any reason.

lol. though that may be true (especially in CA) I was aware of the fact that it needed 4 new tires. the jerk-off I bought it from threw in two tires with the car, but the ones he gave me are 195's, which aren't going to fit this car which came with 205's. so I'm a little pissed about that. I wasn't aware of a problem with anything else though. it was bought as is.. but all in all, for the age of the car, and the amount of miles on it, the mechanic said it actually was in really good shape. so I'm happy, despite the fact that I'm going to be broke for quite a while
my spyspace
# 4
quickfingers
quickfingers
02/03/2006 5:00 pm
last year when i went to warped tour with a few friends, there was a bike endurance race from seattle to portland going on. so were passing tons of bikers, and my friends think its "stupid as hell" that theyre riding bikes instead of cars, and decide to hurl insults at them like morons. pissed me off becasue thats the kind of attitude that makes everyone think that a car is absolutely necesarry to get around, and that alternative transportation is for retards or something. i pissed in that guy's engine a few montsh later, so it worked out.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 5
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/03/2006 5:17 pm
Originally Posted by: quickfingersi pissed in that guy's engine a few montsh later, so it worked out.

I love happy endings

I wanted to get a motorcycle (not a harley, I mean like a honda, or yamaha, or something like that) for riding in the summer, but my mom seems to think that even owning a motorcylce means you will die.. so I have to wait till I'm 18.
my spyspace
# 6
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/03/2006 9:01 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraYour mum sucks. She makes the assumption that turning 18 will suddenly reduce the chance of you having an accident on a motorcycle?

no.. I have to wait till I'm 18 so that I can register it in my name, and finance it myself. so she won't have any say in the matter whatsoever. :p
my spyspace
# 7
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
02/04/2006 3:14 am
Sucks about your car man. It could have been worse though. What if you had to buy a new engine? :eek:
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.