Sonar

foursquaremusic
foursquaremusic
02/01/2006 3:24 pm
How do you think Sonar Producer 4 or 5 rates as compared to proTools LE?
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
02/01/2006 7:46 pm
I use version 4 and love it to bits! Never used ProTools, so I can't comment on that, but you wouldn't be going wrong at all with Sonar.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
Quintal
Quintal
02/07/2006 4:06 pm
I find sonar to be one of the eazy programs to use, the setup, installing mods, and what else.
- If we take Cubebase for example, The setup for recording and midi is a hole lot harder to setup, and make a working teplate for recording.
# 3
Superhuman
Superhuman
02/07/2006 4:22 pm
I've never used Sonar so I can't comment on it but I have used ProTools, it's simply the best program for recording and editing live instruments. I would say that 95% of all all pro studios run ProTools a the main software suite but Cubase SX is better for midi because of the huge variety of compatable plug-ins and VSTi's. ProTools LE would be the one to go for if you are serious about getting a foundation in the basics of ProTools before investing in the full package. I find Cubase SX very simple to use, once I bought one of those "How To" books everything became easy.
I would recommend you ook at Cubasis VST and ProTools LE and make a decision based on the features.
# 4
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
02/07/2006 6:14 pm
Originally Posted by: SuperhumanI've never used Sonar so I can't comment on it but I have used ProTools, it's simply the best program for recording and editing live instruments.

I'm not trying to be a Smart-A$$, but how can you say that Protools is simply the best program out there if you haven't used Sonar or compared it to all the others?

Anyway, I've never used Protools, but I do use Sonar. It is easy to use and I have no reason to change software.

I can also say that Superhuman is right in that most studio's out there use Protools, but that doesn't mean it's the best....Most people out there use Windows PC's, look at all the problems it has compared to Mac's, but most still use the PC's with Windows. It's just personal preference.

The studio that we recorded in last year uses Protools. I was watching the engineer do the editing and mixdown, and it looked to be a LOT more complicated to use than Sonar.
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 5
hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
02/07/2006 6:43 pm
I have used Pro Tools for years, as well as Cakewalk and then Sonar. Protools is basically industry standard, it doesn't mean its the best but alot of people use it. I loved Cakewalk and Sonar but switched over to Pro Tools for my commercial studio because thats what people wanted. I can tell ya this, when I sold my commercial studio Pro Tools went bye bye, now for composing guitar stuff I use Riffworks and for the rest of my recording needs I use Mackie's Tracktion along with Soundforge. Tracktion is a really nice easy piece of software to use. I find that either I wear the engineer hat or the guitar player hat. Can't really wear both at the same time. So I went with a powerful but east to use DAW. (Tracktion). Also there is no comparision to track count. Tracktion blows Pro Tools out of the water (on a PC) but for that extra track count you also lose some of Pro Tools functionability. The trade off worked for me.
# 6
hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
02/07/2006 6:45 pm
One more comment I forgot, Use a DAW that is comfortable to you, the more comfortable it is, the more creative you will be.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.