Boss multieffect pedal, help!!!

PeptoB
PeptoB
06/15/2001 3:24 am
Okay, I've posted this under the 'Gear' section and no one has posted a reply yet so I'll try it here.
I'm looking to get a multieffect pedal (mainly for chorus, compression, delay, and phaser) and I'm leaning towards the one from Boss. It's got a price tag of around $400 CND and lets you control it even while your playing your guitar.
This is my first time getting any kind of effect pedals so I need your opinions on them. Any testimonials from Boss users?
# 1
Fenderblues
Fenderblues
06/15/2001 6:28 pm
Speaking from experience effect pedals and units are fun but can be bloody fustrating at times.

Give Fly Boy an E-Mail and he will help, he knows lots about all different typs etc. Tell him I said to, he's my brother.
look in members list for details
While I'm sat here, Playin', I'm tryin' to free my mind!
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/26/2001 11:43 pm
I'm using an old ME-5 and it's great as far as sounds go.
It's a little tricky to program cause there's a lot of button fiddling etc..but it's got MIDI, effects through, rev, gate, chorus, compressor, overdrive, flanger... just about anything you ever need.
I don't know what the equivilant pedal is today but I think it's still called the ME series.
(it definitely beats the days of the homemade pedal box with 8 different Boss pedals glued inside).
# 3
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
06/27/2001 1:51 pm
Hey - I just rented the BOSS GT-3, and I posted a review of what I think of it so far in the Gear section under mulit-effects units.

I think the one you're looking at is the ME series, which is the GT series' "little brother", according to the salesman at Long & McQuade. There's a special on the GT-3 this month at Long & McQuade, regular price $625, but it's $595 CAD with a free gig-bag. That's more than the one you're looking at, but don't necessarily rule the GT-3 out yet until you try it.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.