View post (Dual Monitors? Monitor as in Screen.)

View thread

SteveAKCK
SteveAKCK
01/28/2006 7:44 pm
Having dual monitors can be pretty cool. It's easier now with LCD monitors being lite. You don't have to worry about a flimsy desk falling apart with the weight of 2 or more CRT's on it. I say go for it. If you've got the money do it. It's something I'd like to do, but haven't yet just because of pricing. But hooked up dual monitor systems and used them at the place I used to work. If you're working on spreadsheets or databases or if you're playing a game and like to have your music player of choice loaded up, but don't like to have to minimize the game to get to the player, you can just throw the player onto another screen and play your game on one. If you're playing games that are full screen, you'll get twice the screen width to play in. This can be bad or good depending on how you look at it. The motion from one monitor to the other is fluid even with different types or brands of monitors. We used two different CRT's with (1) 17" and (1) 15" monitor and it worked fine. There's no lag time when the mouse goes from one screen to the other. Pretty much I guess I'm just saying DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha you won't be sorry that's for sure