New Job

Danny C.
Danny C.
01/25/2006 1:14 am
Well I was tired of having no money to spend so I thought I would get a job. I now work after school at a feed/hardware store in town, the work is hard and I get minimum wage but I like it anyways. Now that I fixing to get some cash, what should spend my money on? By the way,I recently dropped my old harmony guitar on the concrete when my gig bag strap broke, I was so mad. I cracked both tone knobs, broke off the pickup selector switch, and got some new dings on my guitar now. Are there kits that I can buy with all the accesories such as these? I thought I might change the pickups on it but I don't really like the way the guitar plays up high on the neck. Any advice or input at all? I haven't started a thread in a long time so I thought I would give it a try. (Sorry I didn't know what to put this thread under because it covers a few topics)
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.
# 1
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
01/25/2006 5:06 am
Yeah, you can get parts from stew-mac. It sounds like you might want to start with a new axe. It's hard to say what you should spend your money on really. How about an amp? Or maybe some new recording software and a new PC. Or how about some effects? Maybe a MIDI keyboard? How about a drum machine? Some studio monitors sound nice too. :D
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 2
Danny C.
Danny C.
01/26/2006 4:20 am
Thanks for the advice Buda. I have been checking out my guitar and I think it is in worse shape than I thought. There is some extreme buzzing on a couple of strings, the low E and the G I believe, but on different spots on the neck. In a way I hope it is messed up so I have no choice but to buy a new guitar, but it is my first guitar...I am very happy with my Line 6 Flextone amp. I have been thinking about some recording software for a little while now, and sounds like a good investment. Especially since I have to write a song in my guitar class and play a lead over it. I think I like the sound of getting a drum machine, along with the rest of your suggestions. Thanks Buda and any ideas on what can be wrong with my guitar?

# 3
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
01/26/2006 5:00 am
Sounds like you might need a truss rod adjustment. Take it to a shop and let a luthier look at it to make sure there's not something more serious. Shouldn't cost you much at all. I recently bought a drum machine. I was a little frustrated at first but after beating the learning curve I'm quite happy with my purchase. Let us know what you decide.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 4
Danny C.
Danny C.
01/26/2006 9:54 pm
I believe I am going to buy a new guitar. I really don't think my old guitar is worth all that trouble. I have to play at a basketball game tomorrow so I am going to borrow my friends guitar for the time being. I am going to look around at drum machines and recording stuff also. Now I just need to wait for the paychecks to start rolling in. I will let you guys know (or just Buda :) ) what I decide. And thanks again BigBuda!

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.