Which acoustic amp should I buy?

tubacken
tubacken
01/22/2006 12:13 am
I am playing a yamaha acoustic "silent guitar" in a fingerpicking style and need to amplify it for solo street venues. I am not sure which acoustic amp to buy. It needs to be somewhat portable maybe 50W, since I have to provide my own power. I have looked at a number of acoustic amps in the music store, but still haven't been struck by "the one".

So far I have played a marshall asr50 which is the best sound so far, but it seemed a little big. I didn't like the fender acoustic amps and the california blonde was OKay but not as good as the marshall. They had a fishman there for about $750 but I didn't try it. I guess I am looking for recommendations and was also wondering if I should add a bbe sonic maximizer on top of that.

They had a bose system as well and mentioned trace elliot but for the price range of $1500 up I suppose I can wait a little while for something like that. Looking I suppose for something less than $1000. I've read on forums about some talk of using PA's instead, but I know squat about that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.