View post (looky what I got!)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/15/2006 3:17 am
woo hoo! so today, me and my darling mother made a trip down to mountain view, about an hour away, to see a car.. this one happened to be a 97 honda civic EX, with about 42,XXX miles on it. it was the EX version, so it had everything, power windows, powerlocks, sunroof, etc. this was from a dealer, and they were asking $6,000.. so, naturally, we were a little suspicious.. why is such a barely used car going for so little? well, we get down there.. and after taking the car for a test drive, and looking it over.. decided that it had probably been totalled.. the seems didn't match right, among other things.. so we said "screw this" and so, we went to see another car that I had found on craigslist, because it was on our way back home. this one happened to be a 1994 toyota celica GT liftback. we looked it over, checked everything out. even had it smogged (we literally watched it get smogged). everything seemed perfect, except that the owners sister had been driving it for a while, and for a while she lived in san fransisco.. which is right on the ocean in case you didn't know. so the paint was oxidizing a little, and there was just a little bit of rust around the back window.. but we looked over the rust ALOT, and decided nothing was leaking or anything, so the damage was purely cosmetic. so, other then a few dings and scrapes, the car was in great condition.. and the guy was only asking $3300.. so.. I got it! so, I finally have a car now! I'll try and post some pics tomorrow (it's too dark right now) just thought I'd inform :D
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace