View post (Why Gb??)

View thread

pure
pure
01/16/2006 6:27 pm
Originally Posted by: MSF06Funny thing is I do read notation (ever since I played trumpet in Jr. High) and have a bit** of a time with tabs :D Just never bothered studing theory or the reasoning behind it.

I also see it as being the same (as pure said) but different if you look at it as Jolly stated(good explanation Jolly, thanks).

Funny thing is, most of my guitar playing has been classical even without knowing the theory behind it. I basically have just played by ear or what I liked the sound of. Now I am trying to learn the theory behind the music (as well as learning to use a pick).

Still, if anyone could recomend a good book or two with all or as much as possible info on music theory I would appreciate it. I could just search for something but I prefer to go with a recomendation rathen then a crapshot that a book will be good.

Thanks for the replys.

MSF

im sorry if i offended you by thinking you didnt know how to read notation.
anyway, BEFORE buying a book, go to your library and look for GUITAR METHOD or MUSIC THEORY or something like that. check those out and see if they help you before spending cash on a book.

ive read alot of GUITAR METHOD books and i've they all helped alot. check those out and maybe even get yourself a copy to keep.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks