View post (Why Gb??)

View thread

MSF06
HAZMAT
MSF06
HAZMAT
01/16/2006 7:36 am
Originally Posted by: pure...hope this helped, i made it as simple as possible. you should study a
little more *music theory* (like actually learning to read notation instead of
tab) and it will all make sense. music theory was originally meant for notation
for it is best taught that way.

Funny thing is I do read notation (ever since I played trumpet in Jr. High) and have a bit** of a time with tabs :D Just never bothered studing theory or the reasoning behind it.

I also see it as being the same (as pure said) but different if you look at it as Jolly stated(good explanation Jolly, thanks).

Funny thing is, most of my guitar playing has been classical even without knowing the theory behind it. I basically have just played by ear or what I liked the sound of. Now I am trying to learn the theory behind the music (as well as learning to use a pick).

Still, if anyone could recomend a good book or two with all or as much as possible info on music theory I would appreciate it. I could just search for something but I prefer to go with a recomendation rathen then a crapshot that a book will be good.

Thanks for the replys.

MSF
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Practice does not make you perfect. Perfect practice makes you perfect.[/FONT]