Brand new strings or string gauge

bunmiadefisayo
bunmiadefisayo
01/12/2006 2:49 am
Hi, i was wondering how on earth i could go about changing the string action on my acoustic. It is seriously bugging me ever since i tried guitars out at the Guitar Center and i noticed that it didnt take too much of an effort ot press down the strings. Im still pretty new and the guy told me that it was either the strings or the action was too high. how do i change the action on the strings? Can i do it or does it have to be taken to a professional? also what kind of strings do i get, i have no idea about string gauges and such.

Thanks a lot.
# 1
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
01/12/2006 3:11 am
Changing the action on an acoustic is not a simple task. I would try a set of medium or light gauge strings first. I use light gauge myself. I like the Marting SP strings in the red box but it's personal preference really. Try different brands 'cause they will all sound different, you'll find something you like for sure. Anyway, if you want the action lowered take it to a luthier. They have to shave the nut :eek: and the saddle as well. ;)
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.