View post (Humbucker?Yes, or no?)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/17/2006 6:49 am
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusDo you know where you could get such a switch installed and approximately how much it would cost? And would it work with any type of humbucker?

switches - $5.61-12.53
pencil soldering iron - $20
some internet searching - $time
time - priceless

this site may help (not sure, I didn't read the whole thing).. what you want to do is phase switching for the bridge pickup. if not, then just do some internet searches on phase switching.. you should find something pretty easily.

if you insist on having it done professionally (now where is the fun in that? :confused: ) then it shouldn't be too expensive. I wouldn't pay more then $40 to have it done.. I mean, all they have to do is drill a small hole in the pickguard, install the switch, de-solder, and then resolder some wires. and you're done. and the tech has probably done this mod enough times to be able to do it in like 20 minutes or less. of course, the price may be a bit higher if you don't provide the switch. this is assuming you already have a humbucker in the bridge too.. and that he doesn't need to put that in as well.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace