Help me please.

guitarboy313
guitarboy313
01/08/2006 4:33 pm
Anyone have any ideas for me I am having writers block. I write playing acoustic and sing with it to I don't sing when I play electric.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Everything is over rated except guitars drums basses and pianos.[/FONT]
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
01/09/2006 12:38 pm
That really doesn't give any of us much to go by if we're trying to help you... can you be more specific?? What I find that helps me when I'm suffering from some writers block is just to simply take a few days off of even trying to think up lyrics... and just work on playing guitar. I like to listen to a lot of lyrically heavy music too... this helps me get ideas about melodies and different phrases and ryhmings that are used. Som of my favorite stuff to listen to to get good acoustic songs (depending on my mood) are Jason Mraz, John Mayer, Staind, and Dave Matthews. But you might find that not to your taste... so whatever works for you.
# 2
holy diver
holy diver
01/09/2006 5:42 pm
To be honest, I think the problem could just be that maybe your trying too hard, because i tend to come up with riffs and chord sequences when I'm just having a play about, experimenting and stuff, then, when I have something like that to build upon, I'll add to that with stuff that sounds right or has the effect I want it to. I just think It's also more comfortable doing that.
# 3
chas fisher
chas fisher
01/09/2006 10:35 pm
well i dont sing with the elc either but i do with the acoustic and well if your trying to write songs think of it as a peom but dont put to much ryme stuff in there if you ryme too much youll end up writing something terible lol well do your best!!
Sleep with one eye open
Gripping your pillow tight ;)
# 4
earthman buck
earthman buck
01/10/2006 1:32 am
Originally Posted by: holy diverTo be honest, I think the problem could just be that maybe your trying too hard, because i tend to come up with riffs and chord sequences when I'm just having a play about, experimenting and stuff, then, when I have something like that to build upon, I'll add to that with stuff that sounds right or has the effect I want it to. I just think It's also more comfortable doing that.

Yeah, I only come up with lyrics when I'm in a semi-dream state or a real bad mood. I usually only come up with like one verse at a time because of this, so it takes me for freaking ever to write a song. If I were you, I'd just wait until I felt really inspired or suddenly came up with a line or two I thought was good. I know it's a frustrating, slow way to do it, but I'd rather do it that way than force myself to write something that will end up horrible.
# 5
guitarboy313
guitarboy313
01/13/2006 7:29 pm
Yes I know that stuff but can you think of ideas like ex-girlfriends or something like that? :(
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Everything is over rated except guitars drums basses and pianos.[/FONT]
# 6
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/13/2006 10:41 pm
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=425442

Take a listen to Sludge. Don't worry about signing up it's free and only takes a second.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7
earthman buck
earthman buck
01/14/2006 9:06 am
Originally Posted by: guitarboy313Yes I know that stuff but can you think of ideas like ex-girlfriends or something like that? :(

I would say don't do a song about an ex-girlfriend unless you can a) write amazingly good songs, or b) mask it so it's not obviously about a bad relationship or whatever. I say this only because I'm sick of hearing break-up songs and reading them in the songwriting thing. If it's something you really feel strongly about, write it down for sure, but there's no need to make it into a song, is there? :o
# 8
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
01/14/2006 5:57 pm
Nice song ninja!
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.