View post (Long Awaited - Eruption)

View thread

Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
01/08/2006 6:31 pm
Originally Posted by: RedZepWell I'm not a photo copier. When I set out to learn this song, I learned it to the point of liking what I heard. unlike most people I'm not out to clone the artists, simply o see what was going on in his head.

I play this song differently almost every time I do it, this was Take 5.

I'm not going to master every dive, and every single string he played, what good is that? Now I'm a first class clone.

I actually had this song to the point of recording it 3 days after this challenge started. And I did, I just never posted it.

Tapping timing is off in the end bit, but then I noticed I was playing it a bit different than Eddie, bit more complex. But no matter.

See, now though I have the ability to make non-guitar players go: :eek:

Which is quite entertaining to say the least. :)

Also, I see people talking about legato picking and all kinds of crap, I haven't a clue what that means, I'm an illiterate guitarist, kind of like being that way too.

Tremolo picking. Legato picking doesn't exist. It's the parts where he picks the notes very very fast. You pick them way way WAY too slowly. Your tapping is still off timing, no matter how you play it, so complexity isn't that impressive unless it's done right. A pentatonic triplet is enough to make non-guitar players go :eek: . We're not asking for a photocopy, we're asking for precise playing not mired in slow slop.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...