View post (Long Awaited - Eruption)

View thread

RedZep
RedZep
01/08/2006 6:01 pm
Originally Posted by: magicninjaYou might be able to pass that off on some people but not me. It was definatly off in more than a few places but cheers man if you even got that far in five months give it one two more you should have it nailed. I bet you feel silly saying you could learn it in a week huh?

Well I'm not a photo copier. When I set out to learn this song, I learned it to the point of liking what I heard. unlike most people I'm not out to clone the artists, simply o see what was going on in his head.

I play this song differently almost every time I do it, this was Take 5.

I'm not going to master every dive, and every single string he played, what good is that? Now I'm a first class clone.

I actually had this song to the point of recording it 3 days after this challenge started. And I did, I just never posted it.

Tapping timing is off in the end bit, but then I noticed I was playing it a bit different than Eddie, bit more complex. But no matter.

See, now though I have the ability to make non-guitar players go: :eek:

Which is quite entertaining to say the least. :)

Also, I see people talking about legato picking and all kinds of crap, I haven't a clue what that means, I'm an illiterate guitarist, kind of like being that way too.

Anyone else? :cool: