Dunno who these guys are but .......

capohead
capohead
01/04/2006 11:44 am
These may have been posted before but they are pretty awesome and worth a look for any newbies.....watch them and weep :(

Jerryc is the better player but the kid in the second one manages quite nicely (it's also a better quality video) :D

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1491516901670441597

http://www.bofunk.com/video/2684/quick_fingers.html
Where The Skeletons Dance CD available here.
From another Plaice CD available here.
Listen & buy single tracks from Tricks Upon Travellers here
My other tracks here
# 1
Infectious
Mr. Hardcore Oldschool
Infectious
Mr. Hardcore Oldschool
01/04/2006 5:00 pm
What song are they playing? I know it's Pachelbels Canon but was it arranged by someone else for guitar or are they just somehow playing the exact same version that they arranged themselves seemingly verbatim?

Good playing I guess...I'm not really into Neoclassical instrumentals tho. Especially when theyre based on pre-existing music. I'm more interested in composing your own music. Thats when your genius really shines through. I hope they can compose music as well as they can play because thats not always the case with some shredders.
# 2
capohead
capohead
01/04/2006 9:27 pm
Originally Posted by: InfectiousWhat song are they playing? I know it's Pachelbels Canon but was it arranged by someone else for guitar or are they just somehow playing the exact same version that they arranged themselves seemingly verbatim?

Good playing I guess...I'm not really into Neoclassical instrumentals tho. Especially when theyre based on pre-existing music. I'm more interested in composing your own music. Thats when your genius really shines through. I hope they can compose music as well as they can play because thats not always the case with some shredders.

A very sniffy reply Mr Infectious :(

The piece was, according to the video, arranged by Jerryc (who plays it far better than the kid but with a poor quality video).

I'm surprised at the playing is "good I guess". You don't have to be into Neoclassical instrumentals to appreciate the broad range of techniques and styles used and the rather nifty arrangement itself. It's not something I can get anywhere near playing personally and it's not a style I'm used to but I think it's pretty bloody good.

I'm no great fan of shredders but these guys actually lend it a musicality which is often lost in the search for pure technique.

Stay cool :cool:
Where The Skeletons Dance CD available here.
From another Plaice CD available here.
Listen & buy single tracks from Tricks Upon Travellers here
My other tracks here
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.