Band's name

Nikhil
Nikhil
12/31/2005 2:42 am
My bands called [FONT=Georgia]RUDRAKSH[/FONT] I just wanted to know wat u guys think about the name... ;)
[FONT=Book Antiqua]Some one give me a gibson Les Paul..[/FONT] :o
# 1
rockonn91
rockonn91
12/31/2005 3:15 am
hows it pernounced?
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
12/31/2005 3:57 am
What's it mean?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/31/2005 4:22 am
my band's name is: absolutely nothing because I don't have a band other then my church's high school band. which they are now making me play bass for, because they decide they don't need an electric guitar as much as they need bass. thus making the songs way more boring then usual. and me having to play the simplest of instruments.. I think they just do it so they can yell at me for going off-tempo when we go off-tempo... when usually it's our singers fault.. I keep playing the same tempo, and they slow down, everyone else in the band slows down to follow them. so I need to slow down at this point just so we're all on the same page... yeah, I'm not very happy with this band that much... I'm hoping that next semester I'll have time to start/join a real band.

sorry, what were we talking about?
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 4
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
12/31/2005 7:32 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsmy band's name is: absolutely nothing because I don't have a band other then my church's high school band. which they are now making me play bass for, because they decide they don't need an electric guitar as much as they need bass. thus making the songs way more boring then usual. and me having to play the simplest of instruments.. I think they just do it so they can yell at me for going off-tempo when we go off-tempo... when usually it's our singers fault.. I keep playing the same tempo, and they slow down, everyone else in the band slows down to follow them. so I need to slow down at this point just so we're all on the same page... yeah, I'm not very happy with this band that much... I'm hoping that next semester I'll have time to start/join a real band.

Why don't you quit your church band? You don't believe in God.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 5
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/31/2005 9:04 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonWhy don't you quit your church band? You don't believe in God.

true, but I still enjoy playing music for the band. not so much when they make me play bass.. it's just too darn easy.. but when enough of the band members show up so that I can play lead, then it's alot of fun. if I join a normal band, then I'll probably quit the church band.
my spyspace
# 6
Nikhil
Nikhil
12/31/2005 3:33 pm
:D its pronounced ruu-drak-shh..
u like how it sounds???.....
# 7
Infectious
Mr. Hardcore Oldschool
Infectious
Mr. Hardcore Oldschool
12/31/2005 6:15 pm
What language is that? Where are u from? :confused:
# 8
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
12/31/2005 6:18 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsmy band's name is: absolutely nothing because I don't have a band other then my church's high school band. which they are now making me play bass for, because they decide they don't need an electric guitar as much as they need bass. thus making the songs way more boring then usual. and me having to play the simplest of instruments.. I think they just do it so they can yell at me for going off-tempo when we go off-tempo... when usually it's our singers fault.. I keep playing the same tempo, and they slow down, everyone else in the band slows down to follow them. so I need to slow down at this point just so we're all on the same page... yeah, I'm not very happy with this band that much... I'm hoping that next semester I'll have time to start/join a real band.

What songs do you have to play. I find those songs so boring to play as rythm gets boring real quick, but bass-that's unforgivable.

My band's name is Sigma.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 9
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/31/2005 6:21 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraQuit the Church band and get a proper band.

They're probably purposely trying to annoy you because they can somehow sense that you're a non-believer. :rolleyes:

I've been checking craigslist for "musicians wanted" but, most of the time when they want a guitarist, it's a bunch of 40 year-old guys that want to play some jazz or blues. which is cool, I like jazz and blues, and have nothing against 40 year-old guys, but I don't think I'd fit in. most of the metal bands I've found want a drummer or bassist, they already have two guitars... I think I found a punk band last night... but I fear that may be just as easy as playing bass for the church band. I just gotta keep looking, eventually a highschool/college aged metal band will need a lead guitarist...
my spyspace
# 10
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/31/2005 6:26 pm
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyWhat songs do you have to play. I find those songs so boring to play as rythm gets boring real quick, but bass-that's unforgivable.

My band's name is Sigma.

traditional church music type stuff, like "open the eyes of my heart", "awesome god", "hungry", etc.

there was seriously one song, where for bass I just played this:
A|---3----3----3-----------------
E|------1----1----1----3---------
all of them were half notes (except the last G, that was a whole note).. with the tempo being under 100 somewhere.. on the interesting songs, I get to play quarter notes at a tempo around 120.. whippee!
my spyspace
# 11
rockonn91
rockonn91
12/31/2005 7:44 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrstraditional church music type stuff, like "open the eyes of my heart", "awesome god", "hungry", etc.

there was seriously one song, where for bass I just played this:
A|---3----3----3-----------------
E|------1----1----1----3---------
all of them were half notes (except the last G, that was a whole note).. with the tempo being under 100 somewhere.. on the interesting songs, I get to play quarter notes at a tempo around 120.. whippee!

well you dont HAVE to stick with that you know. just go on and have some fun with it. any boring song can be made fun again with some work.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 12
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
12/31/2005 10:16 pm
Originally Posted by: rockonn91well you dont HAVE to stick with that you know. just go on and have some fun with it. any boring song can be made fun again with some work.

Ya! Go Flea on everyones ass!
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 13
Nikhil
Nikhil
01/01/2006 5:26 am
Originally Posted by: InfectiousWhat language is that? Where are u from? :confused:

I'm from India....'n I think it's malayalam or hindi I'm not sure.. :o
# 14
MSF06
HAZMAT
MSF06
HAZMAT
01/05/2006 4:34 pm
"The term Rudraksh literally stands for the eyes of Lord Shiva, Rudra meaning Shiva and Aksha meaning from the eyes. Ancient vedic scriptures like Shiva Purana, PadmaPurana (Chap 57) Srimad Bagwata (Chap III to VII ) Rudraksh Jabbalaoapanishad, Mantra Maharnava, etc."

Prety cool meaning I would say. Sounds good too when pronounced correctly.

Hey 6_2, you should show up with a BC Rich Beast bass in Trans-red with skull knobs and inlays that resemble a hangman's noose. Just kidding. :D

MSF
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Practice does not make you perfect. Perfect practice makes you perfect.[/FONT]
# 15
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/05/2006 5:40 pm
wel, I do show up with an SG every week... perhaps not as "evil" as what you mentioned, but it's no les paul or strat!

I don't think I'd ever get a BC rich though.

btw, that's a cool meaning for the band's name. I like it, sounds almost satanic.
my spyspace
# 16

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.