Won't you be my neighbor?

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
12/29/2005 10:44 pm
Dude, I need a new home. I came home from work today and the people across the street came flying out of their house like a bat out of hell screaming about how they were going to kill each other and ****... and that's about it for that story. I live in a slum.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/29/2005 10:59 pm
been there....not only been there but there was also the gay neighors up front who would do the same thing. nothing funnier when you're stoned than listening to two gay dudes bitch at each other loud enough for the entire block to hear them.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/30/2005 12:56 am
Only problem I ever had around here was inconsiderate people leaving their dogs out all day and night.
I don't understand people who think it's alright to leave a dog outside untill
3 a.m. barking.
# 3
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
12/30/2005 1:13 am
Originally Posted by: schmangeOnly problem I ever had around here was inconsiderate people leaving their dogs out all day and night.
I don't understand people who think it's alright to leave a dog outside untill
3 a.m. barking.

The people downstairs do that... and blare rap at 3:00 am... and participate in arguments of sorts that I can hear... and just generally piss me off.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 4
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
12/30/2005 4:07 am
My neighbors vaccum their driveway...Im not kidding
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 5
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/30/2005 8:40 am
Originally Posted by: Blues_ManMy neighbors vaccum their driveway...Im not kidding

I believe you. I knew a guy whose wife did that. She also scrubbed right through the porcelain surface of the sink and the bathtub! :eek:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6
markc2005
markc2005
12/30/2005 10:19 am
my neighbors are boring most exciting thing that happens round here is the odd drunk laying in the middle of the road
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 7
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
12/30/2005 3:58 pm
In my old neighborhood (NE Philly) there was the occasional (sp?) argument and loud playing of rap music. But everynow and then, there would be gang fights on the corner and 1/5 of those fights gun shots were heard. I still loved it there.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 8
arska007
arska007
12/30/2005 3:59 pm
my neighbours are ok too, but i hav a friend whose neighbour bought a tank
and burned his yard
"I am the lizard king, i can do anything!"-The Doors
# 9
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/30/2005 4:01 pm
Yeah sucks when that happens. :D
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 10
rockonn91
rockonn91
12/31/2005 3:28 am
Originally Posted by: arska007but i hav a friend whose neighbour bought a tank
and burned his yard

SWEET. :eek: :D
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 11
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/31/2005 4:16 am
Originally Posted by: arska007my neighbours are ok too, but i hav a friend whose neighbour bought a tank
and burned his yard

that's awesome...

I went out of town the past few days, and we had our next door neighbor take care of our dog. we put her in the backyard for most of the day, then the neighbor would come over, feed her, walk her, and then put her in her crate inside at night... but when I got home last night there was a letter from the neighbor that lives behind me saying something like "your dog was barking nonstop from early morning until after 10 pm yesterday. I almost called the police to leave a complaint. if you have 3 complaints it's a $75 fine." etc. etc. I have yet to leave him some nasty hatemail in return... lol. this guy has just always been an asshole like this.

*I'm not actually going to send him hate mail. but it's really tempting :rolleyes:
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 12
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/31/2005 4:37 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsthat's awesome...

I went out of town the past few days, and we had our next door neighbor take care of our dog. we put her in the backyard for most of the day, then the neighbor would come over, feed her, walk her, and then put her in her crate inside at night... but when I got home last night there was a letter from the neighbor that lives behind me saying something like "your dog was barking nonstop from early morning until after 10 pm yesterday. I almost called the police to leave a complaint. if you have 3 complaints it's a $75 fine." etc. etc. I have yet to leave him some nasty hatemail in return... lol. this guy has just always been an asshole like this.

You leave your dog outside all day long to suffer, barking it's head off and annoying your neighbors.
Your neighbor complains...yet you think he's the asshole.

Am I missing something here?
# 13
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/31/2005 6:17 am
Originally Posted by: schmangeYou leave your dog outside all day long to suffer, barking it's head off and annoying your neighbors.
Your neighbor complains...yet you think he's the asshole.

Am I missing something here?

this is the first time the dog has ever barked this much. she usually never barks, and most of the time remains an indoor dog. so for one day she barked all day, which I find it very hard to believe that she did bark all day. especially since it's very unlikely that she was outisde past 10 PM. so this guy was probably exaggerating his story just to be more of an asshole. I don't complain to my neighbors about their dogs barking, especially when it's like a one-time thing. I mean, if it was daily barking for over 10 hours per day, sure I might get a little upset. but this is the first time she's ever been alone outside for that long. and since she's usually a very quiet dog, I find it hard to belive that she barked "constantly"
my spyspace
# 14
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/31/2005 6:49 am
Well, I can only relate my own experience. (we back onto a schoolyard)

My neighbors would leave their dog out from 7 a.m. until past midnight on a regular basis.
Sure the dog wouldn't bark 'constantly' all day long.
But let's say that it barks and wakes you up at 7.
Then it barks every time somebody walks past the house.
Then it barks when the kids go to school.
It barks all the way through recesses and the lunch hour. (still barking every time somebody walks past)
Then if nobody got home by evening, it'd start barking to be let in.
You'd finally get to sleep and then it'd start over again the next morning at
7 a.m.

It's only 5 and 10 minutes here and there. But try listening to that every day, all day while you're trying to write music or do something as simple as just read a book or think about something and you can see why people get so upset.

It's like mental torture and you can't do anything about it.
The police don't want to hear about it.
The animal welfare won't get involved
The local township won't get involved because there's not enough bylaw officers.
The owners won't take responsibility because 'it's impossible that my dog could have been barking all day long'

I hate to say it, but if your neighbor has been pushed to the point where he's leaving you letters, then he's just about to blow.

Seriously man.. I wouldn't laugh it off or assume that the guys just being an ass.
Personally, I only took it as far as complaining but man....I was pushed to the limits.
All I could think was, it's a good thing I'm not unstable or mentally unbalanced.
It's like, when I see headlines like, "man shot dead in front yard by unknown assailant"
or "house fire - arson suspected"
I start wondering 'hmm... wonder if the guy had a dog'
# 15
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
12/31/2005 2:46 pm
Dogs suck. Do yourself and your neighbor a favor and replace it with a cat.

Hulk Smash!!

# 16
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/31/2005 6:38 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsDogs suck. Do yourself and your neighbor a favor and replace it with a cat.[/QUOTE]
hell no! my dog would rip any cat apart... actually, my dog would sniff it, try to figure out what it was, and then try to be best buddies with it.. but that's beside the point!

[quote=Akira]Barking dogs are annoying, especially small barking dogs.

my dog is about 65 lbs. and about 21" or 22" tall at the shoulder. I hate rat dogs.
my spyspace
# 17
rockonn91
rockonn91
12/31/2005 7:08 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraBarking dogs are annoying, especially small barking dogs.

dude, our next door neighbor has the most annoying chawawa dog. geez, it barks at you like it thinks it could take you or something...
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 18
pure
pure
12/31/2005 7:55 pm
my neighborhood is quiet. all the time. me and my friends stopped hanging out alot. i just go and hang sometime but not every day like we used to. in my neighborhood, almost everybody has a dog. no barking though. right now if i were to go outside, all id hear are trees' leaves hitting each other cause of the wind, and mainly car tires causing friction at the main road 3 blocks away. my neighborhood is quiet. and its boring though. funny thing is that an apartment complex is right behind my house, seperated by a gate/fence. used to hear gunshots at night. used to be dogs barking all day long. used to be kids playing and screaming every minute. used to be cadillacs burnin rubber on the road. used to be rap blasting every time a car went by (but i dont have a problem with it). it all stopped once we stopped hanging. people dont say hi much anymore when you pass by. its probably for the best cause once somebody starts something, its a chain reaction.

florida's boring.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 19
Guitar Maniac
Guitar Maniac
12/31/2005 8:05 pm
Hey ppl

Im seeking easy lessons, for my acustic guitar. Ill be getting my electric by June, so I will need up to date lessons.

my email is [email]bryoncorey@msn.com[/email]

I thank anyone who is willing to help :)
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.